Higher education students, academics, university professionals and policy-makers will discuss the role played by institutional Gender Action Plans in speeding up the transition to gender equality in scientific careers.
We will explore the following questions:
Session 1: What are gender action plans and how are they implemented at Belgian universities and research institutes? A combination of European and Belgian perspectives.
- Dr. Anne Pépin, European Commission DG RTD (tbc)
- Margot Beereboom, NCP Flanders
- Nadège Ricaud, F.R.S.-FNRS
Session 2: What impact do gender action plans have in practice? Diversity teams, students and scientists make a preliminary balance of progress and hurdles.
- Dr. Sara Aguirre, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Titouan Berhaut-Streel, Equality Law Clinic
- Prof. Dr. Bieke Broux, Universiteit Hasselt
- Prof. Dr. Delphine Laboureur, Von Karman Institute for Fluids Dynamics
- Dr. Stefanie Mulder, EUTOPIA European University / Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Carole Paleco, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
Session 3: (How) is the gender dimension included in research? Researchers share their practices in varied scientific disciplines, from life sciences to geography and climate change.
- Dr. Sarah Ahannach, Universiteit Antwerpen
- Kandice Kreamer Fults, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Sebastian Ingelaere, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Jelena Luyts, Université de Namur
- Dr. Vinicius Oliveira, Université de Liège
You can register now for free.
Location: University Foundation, Egmontstraat 11 rue d’Egmont, 1000 Brussels
Date: March 10, 2023
Timing: 12h30 networking lunch, 13h20 start, 17h closing.